Home Remedies For Obesity
Obesity is a condition which occurs due to accumulation of excess amount of fat in our body in adipose tissue. If the body weight of a person is 30% or more than the normal weight as defined by a standard-accepted height/weight chart (e.g. The National Center for Health Statistics or Metropolitan Life Insurance Company) than the person is having obesity.
Obesity is a serious health hazard which can affect your heart, liver, and kidney, joints of hips, knee, and ankle.
Main causes of Obesity are overeating i.e. eating more than usually required, lack of physical workout, genetic and hormonal factors, low metabolism and thyroid or pituitary gland disorder. Women can become obese because of pregnancy and menopause.
Home Remedies for Obesity
- Take a mixture of 1teaspoon of honey, 2 teaspoon of lime juice with one glass of lukewarm water every day at regular interval.
- For up to three months, regularly eat tomato early in the morning.
- Consume green tea twice a day as it will increase your metabolism.
- Indian plum (Jujube) helps in getting rid of obesity. In water, soak a handful of Indian plum and leave them overnight. Next day in the morning, drink this water as first thing.
- Consume triphala, an herbal combination of bibbitaki, amalaki and haritaki with guggulu.
- For 3 months, eat 10-12 leaves of curry (fully grown) every morning
- For reduction of weight, regularly drink carrot juice.
- Include preparations made of finger millet in your diet. Have mint with salads and vegetables as mint is very beneficial for fighting obesity.
- After every meal, drink a glass of boiled water every day.
- Include vitamin B12, jack fruits, figs, grapes, peaches, guava, French beans and cabbage salad in your diet.
- Along with all this, perform yogic asana such as halasana, chakrasana, trikonasa, etc and yogic kriyas like kunjal and jalaneti and pranayamas such as kapabhati and bhastrika.
- Go for brisk walk, swimming, running, badminton etc. as they will help you in losing weight.
- Instead of taking 2 large meals, go for 3-4 small meals with an interval of at least three hours in between them. Don’t skip any meal.
- Drink at least 10 glasses of water daily.
- Avoid high calorie food, alcohol, potatoes, and rice and milk products.
- Decrease the intake of salt and drink skim milk instead of normal milk.