Anxiety Due to Fear
Paranoia can be crippling. It debilitates the psyche of the person. It is an all encompassing emotion. It has the power to change your life for the better or worse.
Human beings have been shadowed by innate fears from time immemorial. Some people feel, fears are inherited, although the truth in it is still disputed.
Paranoia causes anxiety. It always creates a sense of suspense, and eerie anticipation of fearful things. Paranoid people are seen to twitch or twirl when put in situations that they have always feared subconsciously.
Fear is an emotion that happens when you anticipate pain, danger, or turmoil. What might frighten you might not frighten another. This is because fear is dependent of the personality of the person. A simple example would be that a doctor might not have a fear of seeing blood, or a professional pilot may not have a fear of heights.
When fear is not conquered, it turns into paranoia. Paranoia is difficult to conquer. Paranoid people sometimes seek medical help to come to terms to their crippling fears.
Here are some paranoid situations that we hear people talk about:
- Fear of seeing the picture of snakes
- Fear of dark
- Fear of spiders, cockroaches, lizards
- Fear of falling ill
- Fear of heights
- Fear of being locked up in a box or room forever
- Fear of dogs, and cats
How to manage paranoia?
Here are some tips…
- Realize that you have a paranoiac condition, and its up to you to tame it. Not acknowledging that you are terribly afraid of something will only make you fear it more. Accept that you are also a human, and it is natural to be afflicted by certain psychological conditions. Certain people are too egoistic to come to terms with their paranoia.
- Understand that the only thing that can conquer fear is action. Paranoia stems from inhibition of your self. Go out and act. If you fear heights, sign up to a reputed adventure club, and do bungee jumping. If you fear snakes, try to see some snake programs on television in the company of friends. If you fear dark, then start off by locking yourself in a dark room for 5 minutes everyday. Only action can cut paranoia into pieces. Liberate yourself by action.